Follow these simple rules to keep children safe around dogs.
Child Safety Rules
- Children should not be left unsupervised around dogs
- If a dog appears to be uncomfortable or nervous stay away
- Never hug a dog that is not your own family’s dog
- Never scream at or run away from a dog
- If a dog barks at you, stop and stay still
- Don’t not kick or hit at a dog
- Stay away from a dog that is eating or chewing on a bone
- Always ask before petting a strange dog
- Leave sleeping dogs alone
- If you reach to pet a dog and it backs away DO NOT PET IT!